Friday, May 18, 2007

Moving On

Maybe I'm bipolar, which would explain my "Manic Phase" of the last week - but all of a sudden things are clear to me.

I haven't been drinking, I've been exercising every day, I've applied for two more jobs, I have an appointment in the morning to discuss going back to school... I mean, what the hell?

(I still can't sleep at night, though)

I think my heart has been broken one too many times in this business, and I have to get out. On every level, things have been promised to me and never delivered. Also, working for six years has in effect "pulled back the curtain" on the magic of music, and I hope that one day I will be able to go to a rock show and not be preoccupied with production, the artist, or how many asses are in the seats... and just love it like I used to be able to do.

Plus, I want to be one of those people who have lived twenty lives by the time I have my perfect halo of gray hair.

The things I still want to do:
1.) Work in emergency medicine
2.) Be an attorney (prosecuting)
3.) Write a book about all my adventures
4.) Run a Bed & Breakfast on the Outer Banks of North Carolina
5.) Sail around the world (Or at least across the Gulf)
6.) Learn how to fly a plane

I mean, who knows what I will end up doing? I want to be the old woman who visits all her friends in the nursing home to tell stories that nobody will believe because it's just too outrageous.

No comments: