And now I'm really high up on my horse, recognizing that I have achieved more "life goals" than I've failed at, and am finally reaching new professional highs (more on that later). Everything is running on all cylinders and this is when the endorphins really start to snowball.
Last night was the first night in a while I was able to get home before 9p, crank down the AC, sit on the couch and watch my beloved Yankees. CC was back into his groove, only getting better as the game wore on. The 7th and 8th innings were my favorites. A strike out to leave the Orioles stranded on loaded bases, and preserve our lead. Sigh. Really good times.
Right now, my non-workrelated jams are: Black Keys album "Brothers" and the Muse songs "Hysteria" and "Uprising." They make me want to run until I drop.
"WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS!!!!!"
Dinner last night: mesquite grilled pesto pork chop with sour cream mashed potatoes and steamed green beans - that were cooked al dente and squeaky in my teeth. Dusted with just a hint of kosher salt and black pepper. My favorite. Prep time: 20 min.
Training schedule today: run after work, swim in the morning. East Point 5k on Saturday morning followed by bike ride with Shoemaker.

No comments:
Post a Comment