Monday, May 24, 2010

The Race Is On

I've signed up for another triathlon in July. The first of my season.

Pretty excited, pretty scared, and pretty unprepared. I dove back into my training schedule 2 weeks ago and it's nice to be active again. The house-buying process plus other challenges to be discussed later really drained me and before I hit the bricks this time around, I hadn't been on my bike since the final race of last season in September.

Already, I'm back down to my size 16 jeans. Which is nice since I was really close to size 12 pre-meltdown (and pretty close to size 20 at New Year's). Looking forward to making my triumphant return to normal-sizedom.

Random tip: The best anti-frizz shampoo ever made is "No More Tangles" Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo. Accidentally used Emmie's supply over the weekend and it's glorious. Seriously.

Dinner last night: Buffalo Chicken pasta salad. Whole wheat penne, light italian dressing, roma tomato slices, a handful of small black olives, some blue cheese crumbles, and half a chicken breast drizzled with Frank's hot sauce before slicing and adding to the fray. Could have been healthier. Could have been a whole pizza. I'll count it as a victory.

No comments: